BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

9:30 a.m. Week 41 and 3 days!

Off to the Hospital!

Yesterday morning we had a non stress test done at the hospital and all was good. Then we had an appointment for 5:30 p.m. last night at the hospital for a gel application (often used to ripen the cervix, common procedure for inductions). Due to the volume of women, and the shortage of nursing staff, in the maternal triage, at 7:00 we left for dinner then returned for 8 p.m. We got into triage at 8:30 p.m. and was placed on a fetal monitor where they monitored Sammy's heartrate and any contractions I may have had. At 10 p.m. the Dr did an internal examination. It turns out I didn't need the gel as I was 1 1/2 to 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced! They sent me home and asked me to return at 8 a.m. At 6:30 this morning, the hospital called to say they had a really busy night and they asked that I call around 9 a.m. to see if they had space.

When I return to the hospital they'll induce me (either break my water or administer medication) to encourage labour. This means that in the next 48 hours Baby Szala will be born! The finalists include; Mike's cousin Shannon for guessing August 1st at 2 a.m. ; Chris Benjamin for guessing August 2nd at midnight; or my older sister for August 4th at 11:45 p.m. (oh man!).

Mike and I have decided not to use The Price is Right's rules (the closest without going over) instead we'll see who was closest, period.

Thank you for thinking of us! We'll update as soon as we can! PPS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home