BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007




Good Day! I need your help out there! Mike's fav colour is green, mine is blue. At my parents' place our bedroom walls are blue while our comforter is green. I didn't feel that it complimented each other so I've been looking for a fabric for some pillows to pull it all together (I admit it - I spend an obscene amount of time watching home decorating shows). I found one and brought home the pillow and showed Mike. His response was 'It looks a little Bumpkin (a.k.a something you'd find in the home of a hillbilly). Whereas I found the pattern to be sassy. So, I'd love to hear your take on the fabric. My marriage depends on it :-)
PPS

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I've thought about this long and hard, and I think that while the pattern may be a bit kitschy (though in a good way - funky and fun), it is definitely NOT "bumpkin." I think "bumpkin" would be busier and demonstrate more of an attempt at realism. I'd say it's more like a postminimalist piece... I'm leaning more towards "sassy" than "bumpkin." Sorry, Mike!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'm going from my first impression....I must say the colors are perfect, I love the orange, great addition....however, I have to lean toward "bumpkin". Sorry Pam. Keep the colors, but maybe a different pattern.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Leah said...

I'm sorry Pam but I have to go with Mike on this one. Just not my style, why don't you each make a compromise and see if you could put both in the room in some way. That way you'll both be happy...maybe.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger ROSES_C_U said...

I think the colors are great and although bumpkin doesn't come to mind (probably cuz daisies are my favorite and I am so not country....) I can see why Mike might think so, he's not in touch with his feminine side. I think they are great and would tie the blue and green together. For some balance I might consider some solid orange throw pillows or even 2 extra full sized pillows in a solid orange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home