BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I've got my own classroom!
I signed a contract today to fill in for a woman who went on maternity leave. I've been in the class since Monday and will be there until the end of September 2009 :-) There is a good chance that she'll want to come back in September, or she can also take an extended leave and not come back until January 2010!
It is in a French Immersion school in Woodstock, approx 50 km from our place. The commute is the ONLY downside to the gig. The 24 students are FANTASTIC and the school is small, with only 160 so you get to know all the kids and their parents. I'm teaching a split class - 7 grade 7s and 17 grade 6s.
I'm very much looking forward to it! I leave by 7:30 so I never get to see Lily in the A.M (okay, so that's the second sucky part about it) but when I get home around 5 pm she beams at me and says 'You at work, Mommy ?'.
I am in a portable that is surrounded by cornfields - I kid you not!
Mike has been 'asked' if he'd like to teach at the University of Guelph next semester too. Basically he needs to be sent a contract to make it 'official'.

So, if the blog seems like its lacking or you don't hear from us much, it's likely because I'm knee deep in grade 6 or grade 7 curriculum!
PPS

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Congrats to you both!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home