BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It's odd that my 201st blog comes nearly 8 weeks after my last post!

Sorry for the delay, however, life has been busy. In a nutshell, in the past eight weeks;
  • I had my third Mother's Day :-)
  • We had a terrific weekend in Toronto where we were able to visit GREAT friends and have a really good time.
  • Mike had his 33rd Birthday
  • Mike had his 3rd Father's Day
  • I worked about 60-70 hours a week to get my Gr. 6 students ready for the provinical testing as well as all the other material they need to know
  • I went on the Gr. 7/8 class trip to Quebec City, including a rendez-vous with a woman I've been friends with for 15 years :-) (since my high school exchange to Rimouski, Quebec)
  • Mike has written five (5!) chapters of his thesis that he plans on submitting around August 1st
  • I have written 25 report cards (approx 15 hour adventure)
  • I have worked 40 hours (above my teaching job) to create a Facilitator Guide for the Job Readiness program for At Risk Student that I'm working this week at
  • We attended Jojo's 4th Birthday!
  • I have been offered (and accepted!) a full time job at Tollgate Central French Immersion as their grade 6/7 classroom Teacher
  • I have started the paperwork for my maternity leave (Aug 2009 - May 2010)
  • We have chosen July 25th/26th as our moving day
That's it in a nutshell :-) At 32 weeks of pregnancy, my body is demanding that I slow it down. Saturday is my first day of not working in a long time, so I'm getting a pedicure with the gift certificate a group of my awesome students gave me as a year end gift :-)

Lily and I are going out for some Canada Day celebrations, more photos to come.

In May we hung out with a former colleague/friend and his family.





Here's Mike planting my Mother's Day gifts :-)


Lily and Robin baking.


The Luther gang at their 15 year gathering.

Lily reading with Steph and Mike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home