BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th!

Sorry for my delay in blogging but I've posted a photo of the culprit ~ my new work station! We picked it up earlier this week and I've organized all my scrapbook, card making and jewelery making supplies all in one (itsy-bitsy) corner of the basement. I was finding that when Lily napped I'd have an hour or two to 'play' but it would take me that long just to get my supplies together and forget about creative juices, our computer/sewing/craft room sucked all the energy out of me. So, I'm very happy with my new station. Whalen and I enjoyed a painting project on it already and my friend Erin was the recipient of my first card made at the station. Now that I've got it organized I'm looking forward to playing there! Hmmm.. in this photo it doesn't look at all organized - wow - it's pretty messy!



Lily is decisive about her tastes in food. Believe or not this is her enjoying her spinach. She likes green beans, watered down beef, white mashed potatoes. She doesn't like yams, or broccoli. We're still exploring some more solids. In the near future we're going to check out carrots, butternut squash and yellow beans. Then the fruit!



We're proud to post that Lily is an avid chewer/reader! Her cousins Johnny and Katie bought this great flashcard book of the alphabet for Lily for Christmas. She has already digested A and B :-)

Here is Lily all dressed up in her Grandmama's (Mike's Mom's Mom) dress for Easter last weekend.


Last weekend we had Easter dinner here with my family on Friday then on Sunday we went up to Massie to attend church with Lily's Great Great Grandma Bernice. Grandma Bern will be 93 this November. Here are women born in 1914, (missing is my Grandma Maxine), 1956, 1977 and 2006. It's awesome that Lily has been able to spend time with such a wonderful woman as my Grandma Bern!

This is my cousin Natasha's baby girl, Keira born on March 16th.

Here is Natasha and Keira.


Here is the three week old Keira, laying beside the 8 month old Lily!! I'm guessing there is about a three inch difference if you were to lay them flat!

Sigh - what a handsome man! Often I'll catch a glimpse of Mike that will make my heart melt and will just reinforce the love that I feel for him. I am quick to celebrate my love for Lily who has brought us so much joy, but sometimes neglect to be public for my adoration and love for the man who loves us so deeply and brings us happiness every day. I love my Mike :-)

Lily and I in her swim lesson. I've joined a gym. I work out twice a week in addition to my swim lesson with Lily. I will fit into my silk dress for my brother in law's wedding at the end of June! I will, I will!!!

Lily's first Easter bunny! She enjoyed the cardboard, I enjoyed the chocolate!



Lily in a box!

She's standing by herself in the box. She enjoyed chewing the sides. Once again showing her preference for cardboard!

I wish you could each hear the audio that went with this photo! Mike is such an incredibly affectionate man, and his baby is just like him! She is also a strong baby which is how she was able to take off his glasses!

Here is my friend Erin on Thurs April 12th - her due date!

Lily's newest talent is that she pushes herself backwards across the kitchen floor. She's able to clear the floor from the dining room to the hall in less than 90 seconds! What a great kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home