BabySzala

This is a family site to share with friends and family the adventures of starting our family!

Friday, August 18, 2006




August 17th was a day of firsts for Lily as she attended her first wedding - congratulations to Patricia Quevedo and Rud'd'y Henry! We were at the doctor's yesterday and Lily has surpassed her birth weight of 8lbs 5oz as she now weighs 8lbs 8oz! Our baby is growing! Yesterday was also the first day she peed on Daddy! Here are some photos from the past few days. This is a quick update as we're packing for Lily's first trip up to Nana's & Papa's (soon to be called home) and then up to the lake!

Have a great weekend and we'll update the blog next week!

PPS

For the non- "G" rated crowd, here is the story of the amazing wet baby. She was pretty inconsolable the other day, and so I went to change her diaper: a little wet, a little poopie, maybe causing some discomfort. But she was wailing, almost as if I was giving her a bath (not a big fan of those yet, give it time). So, with her diaper off, and her wiped down, I picked her up before I put on her diaper to calm her down. So I have her in my arms, she's swinging, I'm holding her close, and I feel a trickle. Instinctively, I contort my body into the position you see above, although more with her legs dangling, and she just continues to leak like Andre "Red Light" Racicot, and before we know it, there's a huge puddle on the floor, daddy's belly and legs are more than a little wet, and I'm giggling like Homer after saying "titmouse."

Little did I know, the laughs had just begun. I'm laughing and telling Pamela what our darling child just did, when all of a sudden, an explosion bordering on mortar fire is heard, and I'm looking down, and I see this shrapnel on a shopping bag holding our bubble wrap, in the very distinct shape and colour of someone having squeezed the mustard container really hard not at its most empty, but pretty close, so there was a good amount of mustard on the bag. Now, I'm laughing so hard, Pamela has no choice but to come into the room to see what I'm going on about, and as usual in her world, this is a Kodak moment. So what you seen in the picture directly in front of me is the first part of the story's waste, and on the bottom left corner, you can see the shopping bag in question, and perhaps a bit of the second part of the story's waste on top of it.

I've got to go, I think I have Shawn Wayans on the other line about a screenplay.

MS

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

love these pics!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home